Thursday, August 16, 2007

Update

First of all i want to thank everyone for their prayers. I believe more than anything the prayers that everyone contributed yesterday convinced a company that they needed to take a serious look at this kid from Drummonds.

My first interview was wed. at 1230. Its a sports and entertainment marketing company. And right there I am already sold. But knowing how shady the world is im keeping my excitement ata stable level. So it was a preliminary interview and it was supposed to last about 5 minutes. We talked about bball for about 10. The guy that interviewed me used to play ball at Furman University. He played against Rodney Carney and the mighty University of Memphis. So yeah we had some things to talk about.

He told me that he was interviewing 20 candidates and taking the top 5 for a second interview. Well i left pretty pumped the man himself was exciting and so was i after i left. I was waiting to know if i had made the first cut.

At about 5 that afternoon i get a call asking me back for a second interview!!! God is truly blessing me!!! I don't deserve the love and commitment that you all have made to pray for me. I thank you so much for that. God is working but the war isn't over. I don't have a job yet so keep praying.

I had an interview today at 1030. It was with a company called masada inc. Again after i left i loved it. I am a mktg. guy for sure. I was asked a question that i want you to think about and i won't tell you my answer. The question was:

Do you love to win or hate to lose?

Think about it.

Anyway knowing that nothing is guaranteed and that i don't know pay, compensation and benefits and development opportunities I am trying not to lean one way or the other.

But come on sports and marketing in one job??? Are you kidding me?

The callback time for Masada is next week on Friday at noon. That is when i will know if they are interested in my services.

Pray that God will continue to bless me and that I will get His job and that His desires will become mine.


Again i can't thank you guys enough! Keep on praying.

out

1 comment:

Teri said...

"and that His desires will become mine." We all need to pray that more. Good luck....I just know you did well.